Attitude of Gratitude
As ‘Stay at Home’ orders continue throughout the U.S., ACGR team members share how they are paying it forward in the next edition of the “attitude of gratitude” blog series.
John Zaal, Operations
- We are supporting local restaurants by ordering delivery or take-out.
- With 3 young children at home, we are staying connected with extended family using video conferencing.
- Helping elderly family and friends by purchasing and delivering necessary goods allowing them to avoid possible exposure.
Sean Cary, Operations & Training
- Teaching Chess online – I enjoy teaching beginners how to play chess and facilitating an online chess tournament for those with more experience with the game of kings.
- I conduct a bicycle patrol of Coronado Island at least once a day and shoot video reports on current conditions from 4 locations to update others on local weather, what folks are doing, how many people are out and about, social distancing etc. I send the short video clips to friends and neighbors who can’t get out or do not want to be exposed.
Karen Banks, Operations
- Donated money to the San Diego Food Bank and to a neighbor who is making face masks for healthcare and essential workers.
- Donated blood at an American Red Cross donation center.
- Contributed to a local animal rescue farm – without income from their normal operations, they need help buying food and supplies for all of the animals they have rescued.
We hope everyone is finding creative ways to stay connected and inspire hope and positivity throughout our communities. We would love to hear about your recent acts of kindness to help others during this difficult time, so please share in the comments!
If you missed our first edition of the attitude of gratitude blog, be sure to check it out here!